Personal Profile / Personal Attributes
- Creative, Inspiring, Original and Productive.
- Focused, Capable and Organised.
- Positive, Motivated and Confident.
- Enthusiastic, Committed and Tenacious.
- Qualified, Experienced and Knowledgeable.
- Friendly, Empathetic and Communicative.
- Hard working, Honest and Reliable.
Experience / Specialisms
- Teacher of a variety of subjects, currently working with seven organisations and nine learning groups. Responsible for devising, marketing, preparing, delivering, evaluating and assessing educational and leisure courses.
- Artist and Craft person: drawer, painter, illustrator, printmaker, potter, paper technician and textile artist
- Fundraiser, responsible for applying for funding and supervising the contributions of charitable, municipal and private funding.
- I have managed and organised a department in a Community Centre; and been responsible for budget and full cost recovery, staff; their recruitment, pastoral care, administration and liaison with other organisations and Trustees, facilitating inter generational activity, and health and well being measures. Photographing, optomising images, journaling the group and recording the activity and testament of individuals are were my responsibility. I assisted the ‘managment of change’.
- Publicist of courses, responsible for marketing, exhibiting and display of artwork and artefacts.
- Capable IT and desktop publishing Graphic artist.
- Driver: clean licence, extensive driving experience.
- I have established a variety of cost effective adult art classes that are well attended by confident, happy learners of all abilities. Currently I teach Drawing, Creative Textiles, Calligraphy, and Painting and Drawing for Beginners for Stoke Lodge, a small adult education institute in Bristol; Etching and Printmaking for Bristol Folk House; Watercolours for Patchway Town Council; ‘Brushstrokes’, a therapeutic art group for the new Greenway Centre Medical Practice; art classes for the City of Bristol College.
- The department I managed at the Southville Centre I was responsible for the artistic and cultural care of fifteen very elderly learners. My department was successful, solvent, and demonstrated good practice; improving the quality of life for the service users and numerous guests, it also fulfilled the exacting criteria imposed by Social Services and Local Government.
- I am a member of the friends of the Royal West of England Academy and have organised their ‘Painting Days’, (location trips for artists), which significantly raised the profile and considerable income for the charitable side of the organisation.
- I have worked on Art Projects at Frenchay Hospital for the NHS.
- As a regular presenter for BCFM Radio, I have my own show. The content, selection of guests, interviews, research, and selection of music for my shows is my own, and I drive my own board. I am also a content creator for the Social Media of the radiostation.
9 ‘0’ Levels and 3 ‘A’ Levels
Loughborough Art College, Loughborough, Leicestershire
Art Foundation Course
De Montfort University, The Newark, Leicester
Honours Degree in Graphic Art
University of Plymouth – Part time course in conjunction with employment.
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
Studying Philosophy part time, at Bristol School of Philosophy
Contact Details - Roma Widger
11 Hurlingham Road, Saint Andrews, Bristol BS7 9BA
Telephone: 0117 9241930 Mobile; 07896708031