- Ambition and a desire to succeed
- Genuine enthusiasm
- Thoroughness and paying attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software
- Flexible and open to change
- Highly communicative
- Innovative and experienced Radio Presenter
- Strong Preparation and Planning skills
- Outstanding Communication skills
- Enigmatic style and adopting an informative and friendly approach
Key Skill Achievements
- Increased listener numbers.
- Grown following by publicising radio events
- Experienced Radio Producer – frequently processes shows for future transmission
- Experienced Radio editor – edits and produces guests interviews into one hour shows.
- Invited to present a weekly 2 hour programme to cover news, music and items of local interest, prepare and research the content, source and interview the guests and ensure music compatibility
- Presented and researches Getting Bristol Home on a regular basis and will continue to do so when virus restrictions cease. This programme is designed to service an audience not catered for elsewhere with an emphasis on local music with appeal to a different cultural mix, and up to the minute local and travel news.
- Assists inexperienced presenters with the technical side of ‘running the desk’.
- Improved coverage from 1 to 4 hours per week by helping to launch a new Silversound programme aimed at an older audience by targeting the listeners, distributing a promotional flyer and creating a logo
Presenter - BCfm Bristol a Community Radio Station broadcasting to the City of Bristol on 93.2FM – 2013 to date
- Presents a 2 hour programme to cover news, music and items of local interest.
- Responsible for preparation and research of content.
- Sourcing and interviewing guests
- Ensuring music compatibility.
- Presents and researches content
- Presenter for Getting Bristol Home on a regular basis. This programme is designed to service an audience not catered for elsewhere.
Education - Qualifications and Training
- BA (Hons) Graphic Art (2:1)
- Art Foundation Course
- Member of the Society for All Artists
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Numerous courses on IT, technical and presentation skills, social policy etc.
To find out more by listening to my past shows go to https://bcfmradio.com/romawidger
See https://bcfmradio.com/ for the web page of BCfm the radio station I currently work for. It explains the ethos, identity and current interests of BCfm and indicates why the radio station is prize winning and popular and offers ‘Listen Live’.
BCfm facebook – for daily programme updates